Many local residential electricians agree that electrical safety is also necessary when installing and using new appliances. Homeowners regularly replace their appliances to improve their lives and make it easy for them to complete their daily chores.
What homeowners should know, however, is that even new appliances including those with Energy Star labels can use a lot of electricity especially if not installed properly. This will not only result in high electricity bills but will also wear out your electrical system, causing more problems down the road.
The primary problem starts when homeowners opt to do the installation on their own and because most homeowners are not aware of the dangers in improper installation of appliances as well as in the importance of safety appliance installation, they end up doing more damage to their electrical system. This is why it is important to always hire a trained and experienced residential electrician to help you install your new appliances. Florence Electrician Pros has experience in installing all types of appliances including those with Energy Star labels.
Aside from hiring a professional electrician, below are some other tips that you should follow to ensure safe and efficient installation of your new appliances.
- Always check the electrical requirements of your new appliances. This will help ensure whether or not your electrical system is compatible to handle the requirements of the new appliances. Moreover, if you are replacing old and worn out appliances, it helps if the new appliance has the same electrical requirements. Otherwise, your Florence electrician will have to make some adjustments in your electrical system.
- If you plan on replacing old and worn out appliances, have your electrician remove them for you. Note that some appliances are deeply hardwired into a home’s electrical system. Removing them requires special tools, equipment and knowledge that only trained professionals have. Trying to remove your old appliances on your own may only cause problems and damages to your electrical system. What is worse is that it could lead to an electrical fire.
- Switch off the main power at home before installing your new appliance. This will prevent any damage to the new appliance as you go through the installation process. Plus, this will also ensure you and your family’s safety by preventing unnecessary electrical related injuries and accidents.
- When placing new appliances, always make room for easy cleaning. Note that dirt and dust can accumulate at the back of and under your appliances. Many local residential electricians in Florence agree that this can cause a fire hazard and put you and your family’s safety at risk if not cleaned regularly.
- If you opt to install your new appliance on your own, you should still consider hiring a professional residential electrician to check your installation and confirm whether or not you did it correctly and safely.
For more information on installation of new appliances, call Florence Electrician Pros and speak with their residential electrician.
Florence Electrician Pros
2117-B W. Palmetto Street #102